Monster Hunter World Update 4.01 Now Live, Kulve Taroth Siege Returns
Sadly doesn’t bring Behemoth as a new monster.
A new update is now live for Capcom’s Monster Hunter World. Unfortunately it doesn’t introduce Behemoth, the new monster created in collaboration with Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn. What it does bring are a number of quality of life changes, such as changing the name of Investigations from “Hunting Investigation” and “Slaying Investigation” to actually specifying what must be hunted or slain.
Furthermore, Lunastra has also been added to the Threat Level 3 Investigation pool. Players will have an equal chance of increased special reward slots. The rewards now match that of Vaal Hazak who provided the most number of rewards.
Other changes abound but more importantly, Kulve Taroth and her special Siege quest have returned for a limited time. Head to the Gathering Hub, party up with 15 other players and assault the Elder Dragon in stages until her horns are eventually broken. The Siege quest will be live until June 21st, after which there will presumably be an update on future content.
PS4: Update 4.01/Xbox One: Update 22.214.171.124
The following changes were applied at the same as update Ver. 4.00/126.96.36.199. We apologize for the late notice.
- With the addition of Lunastra and Teostra in update Ver. 4.00/188.8.131.52, they have now also been added to the pool of Threat Level 3 investigations.
The draw chance for certain tempered elder dragon investigations have been revised.
- All Threat Level 3 investigations now have an equal chance of having increased special reward slots. Originally, varying values were used to determine the number of special reward slots for each tempered elder dragon investigation, but these have all been matched to the value for Vaal Hazak, which was the highest.
– You may see increased special reward slots for Threat Level 3 investigations that you possessed before this fix was applied in Ver. 4.00/184.108.40.206.
– The chance for increased special reward slots for tempered Vaal Hazak has not changed.
- The search conditions have been relaxed for the Online Session “Matchmake” search option. (If you are HR 100 or higher, “Matchmake” may put you in Online Sessions made by players between HR 100 and HR 999.)
- The naming method for investigations in other languages has been changed to match the Japanese. Investigation names now include the main target in addition to the quest type (hunt, capture, or slay). Affected languages include: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish. Example:
– Slaying Investigation ⇒ Slay: Great Jagras
– Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras
– Great Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras, etc.
– Capture Investigation ⇒ Capture: Great Jagras
- Mistakes were corrected in the Asian version text for Traditional Chinese and Russian customer support information.
- This update also includes other minor bug fixes.