Nintendo revealed its Q1 FY2019 results recently and confirmed that the Switch has sold 36.87 million units worldwide. From April 1st to June 30th 2019, 2.13 million units were sold. Software sales for the quarter were at 22.61 million. The company is continuing with its forecast of 18 million Switch units sold by the end of this fiscal year.
We also received updated sales numbers for the console’s best-selling first party titles. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still the best-selling first party Switch game thus far, with 17.89 million units sold. Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are catching up at 14.94 million and 14.73 million units respectively till date (which is especially impressive for the latter, since it released in December 2018).
You can check out the remaining top 10 best-selling first party Switch titles below. Nintendo has some more games up its sleeve this year, with titles like Luigi’s Mansion 3 and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening out in the coming months. Then there’s Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which arrives on March 20th, 2020, just in time for the end of the fiscal year.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 17.89 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 14.94 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 14.73 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.61 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 10.98 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.02 million
- Super Mario Party – 6.99 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.10 million (released January 10)
- 1-2 Switch – 3.01 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.75 million