Mobius Digital’s critically acclaimed Outer Wilds finally arrives on Steam after initially launching for the Epic Games Store on PC in May 2019. The game had a long development cycle before releasing last year and is also available for Xbox One and PS4. You can also try it on Xbox Game Pass for console.
Outer Wilds is about an astronaut/explorer who ventures into the great beyond. After the system’s sun goes supernova, the astronaut is back at the beginning, as if nothing had happened. The entire premise of the game is centered around this 22 minute loop where the sun keeps going supernova while the player tries to uncover the cause.
Of course, there’s a lot more going on in Outer Wilds but it’s worth avoiding spoilers for. Along with the Steam release, Mobius Digital has made patch 1.0.7 available for all players. It provides revisions to the writing and internal logic concerning a later mystery later along with controller rebinding. Check out the full notes here.
Patch 1.0.7 Changes:
- Revisions to writing, visual clues, and internal logic regarding a certain late-game mystery
- Improved navigation for two paths on Brittle Hollow’s southern hemisphere
- Little Scout now automatically switches to launch mode when auto-equipped
- Increased distance at which Quantum Moon feels seen
- It is now possible to navigate in zero-g without a spacesuit
- Increased the plausibility of a certain number on Giant’s Deep
- Input rebinding is now available on all platforms
- Input lag reduced on all platforms
- Fixed several bugs related to Patch 4 Easter egg content changes
Jet-pack is a go, camping gear is a go, boundless curiosity is a go. Outer Wilds is lifting off on Steam for PC today! Welcome new recruits to Outer Wilds Ventures- it’s a good day for flying ::D!https://t.co/Zy0pM4YURz pic.twitter.com/eJ7uFXYjbc
— Mobius Digital Games (@Mobius_Games) June 18, 2020