During yesterday’s maintenance, People Can Fly issued its first set of balance changes for Outriders. As detailed on Reddit, the developer has changed it such that Historian, Monster Hunt and Bounty Hunt quests no longer confer Legendaries for each completion. Players will still receive rewards but this change was made to close an exploit that saw players amassing Legendaries very quickly.
Loot on enemies like Tooka Beast, Splittooth, Sandshifter and Coldclaw have also been adjusted since they were “too generous considering the required effort to take them down.” Times required for completing Expeditions like Chem Plant and Boom Town have also been reduced for Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers since they were considered “too generous” compared to others.
Of course, the biggest changes have been made to bullet abilities like Twisted Rounds, Blighted Rounds and Volcanic Rounds. The cooldown for the Trickster’s Twisted Rounds is now 25 seconds while skill nodes like Disruptive Firepower, Scion of Power and Outrider Executioner have had their power reduced to 35 percent. The Technomancer’s “Damage Against Poison” node has also been reduced from 30 to 15 percent. Meanwhile, the Vulnerable status has seen its power reduced to 15 percent from 25.
Outriders is currently available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, PC and Stadia along with Xbox Game Pass. Stay tuned for the next patch, which is scheduled for next week and looks to fix stability, cross-play issues and more.
General Balance Notes:
- Historian, bounty hunt, and monster hunt quests no longer grant Legendary items for each subsequent completion
- While rewarding players for completing all the Historian, bounty hunt, and monster hunt quests is still our intention, we did observe unintended results when players repeated this activity in combination with a specific multiplayer bug.
- With this rewards adjustment we want to eliminate this exploit behaviour while still making that quest line worth the effort.
- Players who took advantage of this exploit will not be punished.
- Adjusted loot on specific enemies: Tooka Beast, Splittooth, Sandshifter and Coldclaw
- These particular beasts are being too generous considering the required effort to take them down.
- Chem Plant – Expedition time for Gold/Silver/Bronze adjusted to 650 / 1150 / 1500 seconds (Previously: 957 / 1303 / 1650)
- Boom Town – Expedition time for Gold/Silver/Bronze adjusted to 390 / 589 / 776 seconds (Previously: 422 / 607 / 792)
- Some Expeditions seem to be too generous in their required completion times when compared to others.
- We want to avoid such disproportionate discrepancies, as we believe making all expeditions viable leads to a more diverse and thus more interesting endgame.
- Critical Rating Damage Multiplier on Tactical Assault Rifle reduced to 165% (Previously: 175%)
- Critical Rating Damage Multiplier on Marksman Rifle reduced to 250% (Previously: 300%)