While the next mid-season balance patch is still a ways off, Blizzard Entertainment has released a new update for Overwatch 2. It’s aimed at bug fixes, like an issue where Competitive Role Queue rankings in the Career Profile were left blank or where owning all items in a Hero Pack would display a price of 0.00.
A bug which caused mouse sensitivity values with decimals to round to whole numbers is also fixed. If you’ve ever seen your balance drop into the negative after purchases, that should also no longer happen. Also, to help distinguish them, Overwatch Credits in the Battle Pass are now silver, not gold.
There aren’t many hero changes – Echo can’t revert to their original form anymore if duplicating Junkrat while RIP-Tire is active. Several bugs for Symmetra, like the overtly long cast time for Photon Barrier and new Sentry Turrets, no longer being created if they were destroyed by the environment, were previously fixed.
Check out the full notes below and stay tuned for more details on balance changes.
Overwatch 2 Retail Patch Notes – February 21, 2023
- Modified the way Streamer Protect obfuscates Battle Tags
- Fixed a bug that caused Loverwatch player titles to not display
- Fixed an issue in the career profile where it displayed blank rankings for Competitive Role Queue
- Fixed an issue where if you owned all items in the Hero Pack, the price would display as 0.00
- Fixed an issue with the Season 3 banner not displaying when a player first logs into the game this season
- Challenges with multiple sub-criteria should now track correctly (For example – All-Star, Role Mastery, etc.)
- Mastery of Love and Blushing Pink event challenges now correctly display the 5000 XP reward gained from completing the challenges. (Note: If you completed these challenges before this update, you already received your XP. This was a visual issue only.)
- Fixed a visual issue during Competitive Updates for players in Top 500
- Fixed a bug where mouse sensitivity values with a decimal would be rounded to a whole number
- Fixed a bug where players would end up with a negative balance after making a purchase
- Legacy Credits in the Battle Pass are now silver instead of gold
- Echo will no longer revert to their original form when duplicating Junkrat during Rip-Tire
- Fixed in a previous update – Fixed the cast time for Symmetra’s Photon Barrier being too long
- Fixed in a previous update – Fixed an issue where Symmetra would lose the ability to cast new Sentry Turrets if they were destroyed by the environment
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)