RAGE 2 Receives New Game Plus, Ironman Mode, and Nightmare Difficulty
Other quality of life fixes, like pop-ups no longer pausing the game, are also active.
Despite the middling critical reception that it received, RAGE 2 continues to receive updates. The most recent is out now and adds a litany of new features, from New Game Plus and Ironman mode to Ultra Nightmare difficulty. It also adds some quality of life fixes, like pop-up notifications no longer pausing the game. Yes, for real.
New Game Plus is accessible after the Project Dagger quest is resolves and all the Arks have been unlocked. You’ll carry over all weapons, abilities, upgrades and vehicles with the potential to earn new weapon skins. Ironman Mode is a fairly straightforward – you have one life and dying will result in the game ending.
A new voice pack with Wolfenstein’s B.J. Blazkowicz (whose daughters star in the recently released Wolfenstein: Youngblood) is also available. If you’ve ever wanted the man himself to comment on your actions, this is the voice pack for you. Check out the various quality of life improvements and bug fixes below:
Quality of life improvements
- Pop-up notifications no longer pause the game.
- Camera Deadzone slider adjustment added to controller options.
- Flashlight added for navigating dark areas (hold Focus to activate).
- You can now skip Aunt Prowley’s dialog in the opening mission.
- Added an option to disable Ark tutorials.
- Tracking projects now shows progress on HUD.
- New options to turn off Damage and Kill notifications on crosshair.
- “You Call That a Wingstick?” and TV Fatal voice packs auto-granted after Bethesda.net account link (previously required buying from Wasteland Wizard).
- ChazCar vehicle no longer misaligns Walker through the chassis when at an angle.
- Fixed an issue where you could not fast travel to Kvasir’s lab when there was an objective marker on the location.
- Fixed an issue where combat music did not play correctly when playing through “The Ranger” mission.
- Fixed an issue where the Prowley hologram subtitles did not match VO dialog in Japanese.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck attempting to access Authority HQ prior to Project Dagger.
- Fixed an issue where bullet decals and blood stopped appearing in the game world after long fights.
- Fixed an issue where the game may freeze while navigating the Phoenix weapon upgrades menu.
- Player is no longer able to drive vehicles into the Ruined Shaft crusher nest.
- Shop vendor VO no longer overlaps with itself.
- Opening storage containers now correctly plays sound effects.
- Breaking wooden barricades no longer leaves floating spikes behind.
Added two log entries for Bridge of Ned.
- Mutie explosion sound effects no longer play when the player turns off all sounds.
- Prowley’s VO no longer plays twice in the presidio.