After disabling the title automatically outputting to 120 Hz, Insomniac Games has release a new update for Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart that adds a proper 120 Hz Display Mode. Along with reducing input latency, the target frame rate when playing in Fidelity mode goes up to 40 FPS.
Other features added in Version 1.002 include an option to disable the VFX from Phantom Dash, both in-game and in Photo Mode. You can also turn armor on or off in Photo Mode and add color backgrounds into the mix along with some new Stickers. Some nice quality of life improvements include binding the “Skip Cutscenes” option to the D-Pad and disabling the level up notification.
For more details on bug fixes and whatnot, check out the full update notes here. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is currently available for PS5 and has been performing well in sales, having topped the UK physical sales charts on multiple occasions. Check out our review here to see what we thought.
- Added new stickers
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX in Photo Mode
- Added the ability to toggle armor on or off while in Photo Mode
- Added color backgrounds to Photo Mode
- Added 120 Hz Display Mode, which reduces input latency when using a compatible display. In this mode, the frame rate target for the Fidelity graphics mode increases to 40 frames per second
- Added “Skip Cutscenes” as bindable option for the D-pad
- Added the option to disable the level up message and slowdown
General Fixes and Polish
- Addressed an issue where a Glitch challenge could be played twice resulting in players being unable to complete one later
- Addressed an issue where white cubes could appear in the opening cinematic
- Addressed an issue where POIs could disappear.
- Addressed an issue where characters could appear blurry in Photo Mode when the camera is very close.
- Addressed an issue where the game could freeze during the grind rail tutorial.
- Addressed an issue where killing Grunthors with Trudi would not count towards the Extinction Event Trophy
- Addressed an issue where some Grunthors would not count towards the Extinction Event Trophy
- Addressed an issue where the weapon wheel UI could become stuck on the screen