Returnal may not have launched in the best possible state, but Housemarque’s excellent roguelike third person shooter has continued to receive updates targeting multiple issues since its release. Its latest update, patch 1.3.7, is going live imminently, and it fixes several more issues that players have been facing in the game.
For starters, a couple of glitches related to the deceased scouts mechanics – such as their corpses not appearing as often as intended, or you receiving negative parasite effects if someone scavenges one of our corpses – have both been fixed, so playing with online functionalities available should now be a much better experience. Meanwhile, the glitch with the Ophion boss fight and the Reconstructor has also been addressed, which is a relief.
Other fixes include audio bugs, players getting stuck in rooms, getting sudden blank screens, or crashes during gameplay, triggered by various things. Check out the full patch notes below for more details. The patch goes live at 4 AM Pacific Time, in about an hour, but since mid-run saves still aren’t a thing in the game, you might want to turn off auto-updates and ensure that you download the patch yourself when you’re not worried about losing progress.
Returnal is available exclusively on PS5.
- Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
- After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
- Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
- Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
- Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
- Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
- Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.