Cellar Door Games’ Rogue Legacy 2 is now available for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC, exiting early access after nearly two years. Along with the full ending sequence and final boss, patch v1.0.0 it also brings a ton of new content. Check out the release trailer below to see some of it in action.
Some of the highlights include two new classes – the Astromancer, a Mage with mobility, and the Pirate who is, to put it simply, “just weird.” The Golden Doors have also finally opened, promising even more challenges, and the remaining Burdens for biomes and bosses (along with a rebalance for Burdens overall) have been added.
The economy and game balance have also been revamped, making the early game somewhat easier, while all “average” classes now have 5 percent extra HP scaling. Classes like the Bard and Gunslinger have also seen redesigns along with some buffs. Check out some of the patch below full notes here for more details.
Rogue Legacy 2 – v1.0.0
- The Golden Doors Open – Players can now bring their story to a close, as the secrets behind the Golden Doors finally reveal themselves. For the triumphant heroes that complete their sacred task, remember that your journey has just begun. Only the most ardent adventurers will discover the true mysteries hidden with the walls of this treacherous kingdom.
- Black Flags and Black Holes – Arrrrr! The final two classes make their mark with the addition of the Pirate and the Astromancer. This bring the total class count for Rogue Legacy 2 to a whopping 15. While we don’t want to give too much away, we can reveal that the Astromancer is our take on a “mobility Mage”, while the Pirate is just weird.
- Localization – French, German, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Traditional + Simplified, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish and Russian. Due to all of the allusions, allegories, and alliterations in Rogue Legacy 2, the game’s word count reached over 68000, and made the translation into 10 different languages a massive undertaking. We want to give huge thanks to Allcorrect Games for putting their heart into the localization. Nearly 500 questions were asked and answered during the translation process in order to keep the spirit of the story intact across all these languages.
- NG+ Cycle Complete – Burdens have been rebalanced, and all remaining unique biome and boss Burdens have been added to the game. This caps off the NG+ experience, with every Estuary having a proper Prime variant, and every biome holding a few more tricks. We hope this variety of ever-increasing challenges keeps players enjoying the world of RL2 into NG+10 and beyond.
- Songs and Achievements – More than 35 achievements await intrepid explorers seeking to unveil everything there is to discover in Rogue Legacy 2. But those who go the extra mile will be rewarded with more than just bragging rights. Completing achievements will also award players with the songs heard throughout their adventure, which can be played once the jukebox is obtained. Also, we added a jukebox.
- Improved QoL at the Docks – One of the most requested quality-of-life features for RL2 has been a way to save various Gear and Rune loadouts. The Blacksmith and Enchantress have heard your pleas, and they now offer a way to toggle one saved set of equipped Gear and Runes per class. We’ve also added a scoreboard to Scar Challenges, to easily see which classes have successfully completed which challenge.
- Effects Overhaul – We’ve combed over every enemy, player, prop, and ability effect in the game to see where we could make the visuals really pop. Things like the Boxer’s attacks have more impact, enemy projectiles are more easily seen, and everything is just more sparkly.
- Early Access Syncing – If you’ve been with RL2 for most of Early Access and are already multiple NGs deep, we’ve made sure you don’t need to start from scratch for things to make sense. We’ve added a feature that allows you to fast-forward to the appropriate spot in the story based on how many times you’ve already beaten the game, as well as achievement checks every step of the way so that you don’t need to unlock things all over again to earn achievements.
- Economy and Game Balance Rehaul – From what chests drop, to the gold gain algorithm, to even your starting Resolve, virtually no stone has been left unturned in our quest to make the economy and game balance in RL2 the best it can be. And while it may seem risky to rehaul everything right before the v1.0 launch, it actually involved months of constant back and forth. Make a change, get feedback from the Vanguard team, and do it all over again. The goal was to ease up the early game while still making gold matter in the late game (NG+10 and beyond). We discuss this more later on in the patch notes.
- Astromancer Class added. The new mobility-Mage arrives.
- Pirate Class added. The new shooty mcboat scoundrel arrives.
Class Health (BUFF)
We’re boosting the HP of all “average” health classes to reduce the gap between “tanks” (Knights, Barbs, Dragon Lancers, etc.) and everyone else. We’re also raising the base HP for all classes to let players take a few more licks before falling in the early game.
- All average HP scaling classes, (Rangers, Duelists and Bards) have an additional +5% HP scaling.
- Raised Grace HP from 50 to 100 (All classes). Grace HP is special health that is not affected by modifiers of any kind, including Class Passives.
Bard (REDESIGN + BUFF)
The Bard is one of the strongest classes in the game, but their learning curve is pretty insane. We’re lowering the complexity of their kit by making them more reactionary and easier to power up.
- Reduced the range of the notes by a lot. THIS IS A BUFF. Closer notes allow for more reactionary play, and less prep-time.
- Dance Passive damage per stack raised from 10% to 15%. Max stacks lowered from 10 to 5. THIS IS ALSO A BUFF! No one was ever reaching 10 stacks.
- Bards now give Spin Kick damage as their Mastery bonus.
Gunslinger (REDESIGN + BUFF)
Gunslingers were always meant to be the high speed mixed-stat range class. Reload durations and the complexity of the dynamite, however, made this character very difficult to master. We’re revamping the Gunslinger to be more agile, more aggressive, and to get more benefit from INT/Magic builds.
- (NEW) Pistol now has Dynamic Reload. Reload duration changes depending on how much ammo you have remaining (minimum reload time is 0.1s).
- Ammo capacity increased from 20 to 22.
- (NEW) Dynamite now generates 10 Mana.
- Dynamite activation delay reduced from 1.0s to 0.5s.
- Damage reduced from 250% INT scaling to 125% INT.
- Vertical lift reduced significantly to allow for more horizontal movement.
- Enemy knockback reduced. The shortened trigger time sometimes knocked enemies INTO the player, which necessitated this change.
Valkyries were in an OK spot, but with all of the QoL buffs made previously to the Duelist, and the arrival of the Ronin, this character started falling behind. We’re raising their HP to let them make more mistakes when they’re deep in the fray.
- Community: Valkyrie HP raised from Low scaling to Average scaling (+15% total).
- Cloak now applies VULNERABLE if you break the stealth early with an attack.
Barbarian (MINOR NERF + QoL)
- The damage of the Barbarian has always been on the wild side, so we’re making a change to keep them more in line, although this is barely a nerf.
- Axe ground strike base damage reduced from 260% Strength scaling to 250% Strength Scaling.
- Barbarian Shout now plays the Bard Crescendo animation. This causes the shout to now cancel other abilities.
Ballistic Archer (BUFF)
- Community: Ground Bow now pierces cursed projectiles.
- Community: Dash attacks and uppercuts are now Skill Crits.
- Community: Frying Pan Mana generation raised from 10 to 15. Chef doesn’t really need the help, but having more Mana fits with their playstyle better.
Dragon Lancer (BUFF)
- Talent cooldown reduced from 6 to 5.
- Talent duration increased from 3 seconds to 3.25 seconds.
- Tweaked Mage’s Wand aim indicator to better match where the explosion occurs.