After launching for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S, Shedworks’ open-world exploration title Sable is available for PS5. Along with PlayStation-exclusive features, it also coincides with a new content update that adds fishing for all platforms.
Fishing allows for catching fish in Midden’s sands, and there’s a new location in Sansee, the Angler Hut, where Sable can get started. Any fish caught can be deposited in the Vivarium in The Wash, with a researcher tasking you to help complete the collection. There’s also a new Angler mask, bike parts, dyes and clothing to unlock.
Three new Achievements, controller rumble support and Japanese localization have also been added. Fixes for issues like camera movement stopping during cutscenes, water ripple effects following Sable outside of the water, UI bugs, missing textures, and so on are also available. Check out the full notes below. You can also read our review of the game here.
- New mini-game – Fishing:
- Sable can now catch fish in the sands of Midden by using a fishing rod
- New location – Angler Hut: An Angler has arrived in Sansee just outside of the Ewer canyon, where Sable’s journey first started
- New location – Vivarium: In The Wash you will now find the Vivarium and a Researcher who needs help completing their collection of fish and butterflies
- New mask – Angler Mask: If you help the Angler with their tasks, Sable can earn a new mask to wear
Three new achievements:
- Quite the Catch, The Angler Mask and Vivacious Vivarium
- New bike parts, dyes & clothing
- Controller rumble
- Japanese localization
- Fixed an issue that stopped camera movement during cutscenes
- Fixed an issue that would cause water ripple effects to follow Sable outside of water
- Fixed an issue that would cause audio artifacts when triggering multiple sounds simultaneously
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to become unresponsive when changing resolutions on Steam Deck
- Adjusted the “Honorary Chum” achievement description to closer match the actual requirement
- Fixed some missing textures and floating objects
- Several UI bug fixes