Update 1.5.6 is now available for ConcernedApe’s Stardew Valley on PC, fixing a number of small issues and inconsistencies. It also adds a nice little quality of life change for those with multi-monitor setups, now remembering the monitor last used for playing. Otherwise, if you’ve ever wondered why grass that’s placed indoors would die when Winter comes around, that should no longer be the case.
Hoed dirt will also no longer decay under forage items and thus not randomly disappear. In terms of bug fixes, a random crash that could occur at night has been addressed along with a bug that prevented wallpapers and floorings from different farm types from applying when a new game was started. Steamworks.NET has also been updated to 20.0.0.
Check out the full patch notes below for more details. Aside from continuing to support Stardew Valley, ConcernedApe is also working on the Haunted Chocolatier, which sees players maintaining a chocolate shop and residing in a haunted castle. It features combat that’s been “completely coded and drawn from scratch.” A release date has yet to be announced.
1.5.6 — Minor Update
- On multi-monitor setups, the game now remembers and restores on the last used monitor.
- Potential fix for a random crash that could occur at the end of the night.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the various farm types’ wallpapers and floorings from applying when starting a new game.
- Fixed a bug where pressing ESC to dismiss the level up screen would dismiss the menu without applying the level up, causing it to reappear every night.
- Hoed dirt no longer decays under forage items on the farm. This ensures that dirt under freshly grown seasonal forage seeds can no longer disappear randomly.
- Grass placed indoors no longer dies when seasons change to Winter.
- Fixed being unable to harvest Tea Saplings placed on Garden Pots on Ginger Island.
- Fixed an issue where the Z key would be unbindable after resetting controls to the default.
- Fixed map screenshots not functioning on Linux.
- Updated Steamworks.NET to 20.0.0.