Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Stage Creator, Persona 5’s Joker Now Available
New Spirits and video editing tools are also available with version 3.0.0.
Get ready to steal some hearts – Joker, the leader of the Phantom Thieves in Persona 5, is now available as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. As part of Challenger Pack 1, players will also receive new music and a new stage, Mementos, to fight on. Head here for a breakdown of Joker’s abilities and moves.
Version 3.0.0 is also live for the game, which brings the Stage Builder. It allows players to create their own custom levels and share them with others. You can also make use of the Edit Video function to cobble together videos from different replays. Check out some of the patch notes for version 3.0.0 below.
Of course, this update also brings balance adjustments for pretty much every fighter. All fighters have seen three key changes though. Perfect shield will no longer activate numerous times after the button is released once. You can punish players who dodge a lot more easily, and the downtime for performing a perfect shield against projectiles has been reduced. For a full breakdown of all the changes, head here.
- Stage Builder added to Games & More. You can now draw your own custom stages by hand.
- Note: Camera controls are not available when converting a replay that contains a custom stage into a video.
- Edit Video feature added to Vault → Replays. You can now create new movies using several videos made from replays.
- Note: Only videos from Ver. 3.0.0 or later can be used as source material. There are planned expansions to the Edit Video feature in future updates.
- DLC Spirits option added to the Spirits menu. Note: DLC spirits can only be used if you have purchased the corresponding downloadable content.
- The following spirits will appear in the Vault Shop:
– Ryuji Sakamoto
– Ann Takamaki
– Yusuke Kitagawa
– Makoto Niijima
– Futaba Sakura
– Haru Okumura
– Goro Akechi
– Caroline & Justine
– Phantom Thieves of Hearts
- You can now share replays, videos, Mii Fighters and custom stages with people around the world in Shared Content.
- Note: You can only post replays and videos created with Ver. 3.0.0 and on.
- You cannot post replays of online/local wireless battles on custom stages, or videos that include custom stages.
- You can now sync your game with Smash World, a service accessible via the Nintendo Switch Online smart device app. Available features include viewing some of the things posted to Shared Content, and creating spirit teams from the spirits you have collected.
- Note: The Smash World service is planned to begin after the distribution of Ver. 3.0.0. If you still don’t see Smash World in your list of services, please try again later.
- It is now easier to be matched with players who have a similar Global Smash Power in Quickplay. Further improvements and adjustments to matchmaking are planned.