The Callisto Protocol’s latest update is now available, adding Hardcore Mode for players seeking an even tougher challenge. The Outer Way Skin Collection is also live for Season Pass holders, granting Jacob a prisoner jumpsuit and a suit with the Outer Way’s color scheme.
According to the patch notes, Hardcore Mode has less ammo, health and Credit drops. Enemy damage and mutation speed have increased, while Stun Baton damage is decreased. The value of Contraband is reduced, and every Biophage won’t drop loot.
Once you’ve finished Hardcore Mode, you can attempt it again on New Game Plus. New Achievements and Trophies are available to unlock, though it’s unknown if there’s one for a Hardcore New Game Plus playthrough. The patch also features fixes for localization leveling and VO/subtitles mismatches. It also optimizes combat AI when multiple enemies surround the player (whether for better or worse).
Check out the full patch notes below. The Callisto Protocol is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC. You can read our review here, though it’s received several patches and improvements since its launch.
[v.3.02] February 7, 2023
- A challenging take on The Callisto Protocol’s survival-horror experience, intended to push you to your limits, Hardcore mode is not for the faint of heart. Here’s what you can expect;
- Ammo, health and credits are harder to come by and not every Biophage will drop loot.
- Increased enemy damage
- Decreased Stun Baton damage
- Increased enemy mutation speed
- Contraband value is reduced
- Hardcore Mode New Game+ (requires completion of standard Hardcore Mode playthrough)
- New Achievements / Trophies to hunt
- Players that were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement upon completing the game will be automatically granted the achievement
- Localization fixes for leveling and VO/subtitle mismatches
- Optimized enemy combat AI when player is surrounded by multiple enemies
- Updated font rendering and UI elements for readability
- Created a rendering functionality profile specifically for Steam Deck with the best settings for smooth gameplay
- Updated control schemes for SteamDeck controls
- Ray tracing performance improvements
Ready for a tougher challenge in The Callisto Protocol? Hardcore Mode is now out and FREE for all players.
The Outer Way Skin Collection is also available to season pass owners.
For full details: https://t.co/r4kZofi9Ii pic.twitter.com/TXRZY46gT8
— The Callisto Protocol (@CallistoTheGame) February 7, 2023
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)