The Division 2 Patch Fixes Bugs, PC-Specific Issues, and More
Here’s to a bug-free Washington D.C.
Yesterday, ahead of The Division 2’s worldwide launch, Ubisoft released a patch for the game after a session of server maintenance. Other than a few general bugs with some weapons, progression, and other general issues, some PC-specific issues have also been addressed in the update. Those playing on the same network on PC had been having issues here and there while interacting with each other, which have been fixed, while PC players can now also properly select FreeSync 2 HDR regardless of their system’s configurations.
In terms of issues addressed across all platforms, the patch fixes an issue which was causing the Castle to unlock prematurely and block progression in some cases, as well as an NPC scene being interrupted during a boss fight in Jefferson Plaza. Meanwhile, crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects, as was originally intended, while an unnamed and unbalanced work-in-progress weapon has also been removed from the game.
You can check out the full patch notes below. The Division 2 is out today on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. If this is going to be your first foray into Ubisoft’s looter shooter series, make sure you go through our beginner’s guide through here.
- We removed a work in progress weapon that was not properly named and balanced.
- Crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects as intended
- Exotic weapons equipped with silencers will now produce the sound they’re intended to make.
- NPCs engaged in combat will now react to grenades as intended.
- The ropes will now deploy properly to allow for extraction at the end of the Beekeeper Jeff side mission.
- Players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances.
- Fixed a loot exploit that involved repeatedly killing bosses in some Invaded missions.
- In Jefferson Plaza, the NPC scene can no longer be interrupted during a boss fight.
- PC players playing together while connected to the same network were meeting a number of issues when interacting with each other. This has now been fixed.
- On PC, FreeSync 2 HDR can now properly be selected in game regardless of your PC’s configuration.
- Weapons skins will no longer disappear if attached to a weapon and sold to a vendor.
- Stopped “SHD CPU V.2” and “Cyclone Magazine” skill mods from dropping as loot. Player’s who already have the items can use them once they unlock the corresponding specialization perk.
- Players will no longer get stuck on black screens after watching introduction cinematics.
- We have updated XP rewards for all end game activities, so that they will scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.
- Several corrupted audio issues have been fixed.