After a period on the public test servers, Ubisoft Massive’s recent major update for The Division 2 is now live. Title Update 4 brings a new Specialization, the Gunner, along with changes to Weekly Projects for clans and numerous bug fixes. Check out some of the patch notes below (or the full notes here).
The Gunner is the biggest new addition, armed with a minigun and capable of shredding through enemies. Though the Gunner can’t roll or take cover, it’s capable of disorienting foes out of cover and unleashing a hail of bullets. The Specialization will be available immediately to Year One Pass owners.
Those without a pass will need to embark on Special Field Research, completing in-game challenges to unlock the Specialization. Year One Pass owners may also complete these challenges since they provide unique cosmetics as rewards. Time will tell how strong the Specialization is, especially in PvP, so stay tuned for more information on changes and balance updates.
You can also expect the first of The Division 2’s post-launch episodes to go live next month with players traveling to Kenley College and the National Zoo. The game’s next raid is also planned for this Fall.
- Changed Clan Weekly Projects to be easier to complete for smaller clans.
- Reduced CXP requirements for each tier of Clan Cache.
- Invites and join requests that have not been responded to within 28 days will automatically be removed from the clan inbox.
- Added last online status to show when clan members were last active.
- Added a weekly reset timer the clan progression menu, giving a clear indicator on when you will be able to collect your cache.
- Added indicators for members already in a group, and how many free spaces are available on the clan roster page.
- Added a new “Keyword” section in the clan details, allowing players to choose from a list of predefined words to describe their clan.
- Added “Keyword” search functionality when looking for a clan.
- The clan member who earns the top distinction of the week will receive a medal icon over their name in the clan roster.
- Clan insignia is now visible when using photo mode
- Generic Protocol Mod and Generic System Mod can no longer be equipped in High-End, Gear Set and Exotic items.
- You will still be able to equip them in lower quality items.
- All other mods can be equipped in slots matching their type (Offense, Defense, Utility).
- Developer comment: Generic mods could be stacked in unhealthy ways and the gear mod eco system has not been in a place we are happy with and it had led to some unwanted behavior such as low-level farming for generic mods.
Shipping containers containing virus samples will now be easier to spot.
- Specific talents requirements for project donations has been removed.
- Replica/crafted items requirement for project donations has been removed.
- Added World Tier 5 requirements for some projects.
- Increased rewards for most projects.