CD Projekt RED will deploy a new patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt today on Xbox, PlayStation and PC platforms. Nintendo Switch players will need to wait longer, as the developer hopes to release it in “the following months.” It also confirmed that the save file integration system on Switch is being replaced with patch 4.00’s cross-progression system.
As for patch 4.03’s changes, it fixes the popping of ray-traced shadows on vegetation. The black shadows appearing on object edges when continually enabling and disabling ray-traced reflections and shadows are also gone. Support for Intel Xe Super Sampling is available, and ray-traced reflections and global illumination have improved performance.
Sergeanur’s Next Gen Script Fixes mod is also added for PC, Xbox Series X/S and PS5, and there’s a new option to auto-apply oils. Also, no more eating or drinking underwater unless consuming potions and decoctions. Check out the full patch notes below and stay tuned for more updates.
Patch 4.03 — list of changes
- Fixed an issue with ray-traced vegetation shadows “popping”, depending on Geralt’s proximity and angle.
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly disabling and enabling ray-traced reflections and shadows could cause black shadows to appear at the edge of objects.
- Addressed the issue where the DirectX 11 version of the game could crash on launch or after loading a save on certain AMD GPUs.
- Added support for Intel Xe Super Sampling, an upscaling technology that uses machine learning to improve performance and image quality.
- Fixed some lighting issues with Screen Space Reflections when ray-traced global illumination is off.
- Performance improvements to ray-traced global illumination and ray-traced reflections.
- Fixed an issue where purple splashes could appear on the screen when riding Roach through puddles of water.
- The Cross Progression pop-up will now properly display which account is logged in.
- Fixed an issue where dark stripes or shadows appeared on Geralt in the inventory screen when Performance Mode was enabled on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue where the game could briefly freeze or stutter when autosaving on next-gen consoles.
- Addressed the issue of performance drops on next-gen consoles while using Witcher Senses in Beauclair and Novigrad.
VISUAL – PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Fixed an issue where a grid of light spots could appear on the ground and walls in certain weather conditions with Ray Tracing enabled.
- Spider webs will no longer change color when moving the camera with Ray Tracing enabled.
- Fixed an issue where some textures on characters during cutscenes would appear as not fully rendered.
- Through Time and Space – Fixed an issue where the mist in the Poisoned Valley was pink instead of white.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY – PC and Next-Gen Exclusives
- Added the community-made mod Next Gen Script Fixes by Sergeanur.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY – Available on all platforms
- In the Eternal Fire’s Shadow – The ambient music from the quest will no longer continue playing after completion. For players who have already experienced this issue, it may be necessary to enter the Novigrad or Oxenfurt sewers again to resolve it.
- Added an option to auto-apply oils in combat.
- With the exception of potions and decoctions, it’s now impossible for Geralt to eat or drink underwater. While the team agreed it might be possible to drink liquids from a corked flask, consuming pints of ale or grilled meats underwater is too much of a stretch.
Please note: these are only the most notable changes. The patch contains other minor fixes that didn’t make it into this list.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)