While the Borderlands series has its fair share of collectibles, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands ups that number significantly. Furthermore, these aren’t just for the sake of Achievements/Trophies – you also gain permanent stat increases, higher chances of better loot and more XP by locating all of these.
First, let’s outline all of the different collectible types and what they do:
- Lore Scrolls – Remember the audio logs from previous Borderlands titles? The Lore Scrolls are essentially that, offering some lore on the area or capturing a random character’s perspective. In total, there are 57 Lore Scrolls to collect. Unlike all of the other collectibles, you don’t gain a permanent increase to any stat upon finding them all. But lore is still lore.
- Shrine Pieces – There are six Shrines in the Wonderlands, each with different pieces to collect. Upon collecting them, you’ll gain a number of different permanent bonuses. The Shrine of Mool Ah provides a 10 percent increase to Gold Gain. The Shrine of Grindanna grants a 10 percent increase to Experience Gain. The Shrine of Throatus Punchus increases your critical damage by 10 percent. The Shrine of Aaron G ups your Loot Luck by 10 percent. The Shrine of the Crazed Earl provides a 10 percent increase to Moon Orb Gain and the Shrine of Zoomios increases movement speed on the Overworld by 15 percent.
- Lucky Dice – If better loot is what you’re after, then it’s worth seeking the Lucky Dice. Each provides a permanent increase to Loot Luck, thus promising better subsequent drops. When broken, Lucky Dice also provide Gold and random loot. There are 260 in total and while it can be a pain to locate them all, they’re definitely worth seeking out before tackling the end-game Chaos Chamber or farming specific bosses.
- Ancient Obelisks – Speaking of farming, there are the Ancient Obelisks. These are structures throughout the world that function as challenge events. Activating them will spawn waves of enemies, culminating in a boss fight. Some of these bosses can drop Legendary items along with experience and Gold so they’re well worth farming. There are 11 Ancient Obelisks in total and clearing all of them grants a permanent 10 percent increase to your Constitution.
- Lost Marbles – These are a not-so-subtle joke about a hero that’s lost their memory. Each Lost Marble contains a different memory – break them and you’ll learn more about their past. There are 24 in total to collect and you’ll gain a permanent 10 percent increase to Strength upon finding them all.
- Poetry Pages – Poetry Pages are, as the name indicates, poems. There are 25 in total to collect and along with conferring XP, you’ll gain a permanent 10 percent increase to Intelligence when finding them all.
- Rune Switches – These are timed puzzles which consist of three switches at a specific location. Upon activation, they’ll disperse to different locations nearby and must be activated in the correct order. The switch with the green light is always the first to activate – once that’s done, the next switch in the sequence will then turn from red to green. There are 12 Rune Switches in total and if you complete them all, you gain a permanent 10 percent increase to Dexterity.
For details on the locations of every collectible, check out the video guides below courtesy of WarbyGaming and Achievement Squad. Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is available for Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC. Check out our official review here.