Iron Gate AB’s super-successful survival title Valheim continues to see updates with the latest providing a new terrain modification system. Though the developer notes that it should only provide some “minor behavior changes” to the pickaxe and hoe, the idea is to have faster and smoother loading by reducing the number of network instances. All modifications of terrain will use the new system but what about areas that have already been modified?
Players can use the “optterrain” console command that will convert these to the new modification system (though “~console” must be enabled first). Other fixes with the patch include torches in locations no longer supporting constructions and draugrs no longer spawning in stones. World loading should also be improved to prevent ships and buildings suffering damage.
The amount of stone needs to raise ground when using the hoe has also been lowered. Check out the full patch notes below. Valheim is currently available on PC and has sold over five million copies in its first month. Iron Gate AB is currently focused on the first major content update, Hearth and Home.
0.150.3 Patch Notes
- Swamp draugr spawner location fix to prevent draugrs from spawning inside stones
- Lox pet-sfx fix
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions
- Dolmen location stone size fix
- New terrain modification system
- Terrain-modification priority changed (Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings, only applies
- to the new terrain modification system)
- World loading tweaks (to fix issues with ships and buildings getting damaged while loading)
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu (to decrease network bandwidth usage)
- Lowered the amount of stone required to Raise ground using the hoe