Yakuza 0 PC Patch Fixes Crashes, High CPU Usage Issue
A myriad of fixes for minigames, Xbox One controllers not functioning and more have arrived.
Sega continues to update Yakuza 0 on PC even as modders introduce their own visual improvements to the game. The latest patch should be of interest to current players because its enable auto-save when a chapter ends (right when the result screen pops up). Not only that, but a whole bevy of other issues have been fixed as well.
If you’ve faced problems with an Xbox One controller not functioning properly, or NPCs appearing as low polygon characters, then those should be fixed now. An instance of high CPU resource usage caused by constantly checking the audio device has also been fixed. A few occasional crashes have been patched along with several miscellaneous issues (Karaoke players will be especially pleased). Check out the full patch notes below (as provided by Sega).
Yakuza 0 released on August 1st for PC users, but it’s been available for PS4 players worldwide since January 2017. As a prequel to the main Yakuza saga, it introduces Kazuma Kiryu in his early years, and also defines the origin of Goro Majima. Yakuza Kiwami 2, a remake of Yakuza 2, has recently been released for PS4 as well.
Bug Fixes and Changes:
- Added an auto-save function at the end of the chapter after the result screen.
- Adjusted camera position to zoom out when playing in anything narrower than 16:9.
- Fixed an occasional crash in ‘Cabaret Club’ when navigating through the ‘Cast on Duty’ screen.
- Fixed an occasional crash when backing out of the Inventory menu immediately after entering the menu.
- Fixed a high CPU resource usage issue caused by checking the audio device constantly.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs appeared as low poly characters (LOD geometry issues).
- Fixed an issue where Xbox One controllers did not function correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a claw crane didn’t return on some occasions when VSync is disabled in UFO Catcher arcade minigame.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor remained on screen after completing a song in Disco minigame.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect button prompts appeared when moving the mouse in Karaoke minigame.
- Fixed an issue where a minus sign was not displaying when losing money during a Mr. Shakedown battle.
- Fixed an issue where the details didn’t show ‘Climax Battle Millionaire’ score correctly in ‘Climax Battle Rankings’.
- Fixed an issue where button prompts didn’t switch to Keyboard & Mouse when controllers are connected.
- Fixed an issue where an input device prompt for Player 1 & Player 2 didn’t appear in Bowling minigame.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect score appeared in Climax Battle rankings.
- Fixed an issue where an empty leaderboard appeared when playing ‘Expert Course’ in ‘Super Hang-On’ arcade minigame.