Motion Twin’s roguelite action side-scroller Dead Cells has received a new update pertaining to The Bad Seed DLC. The Bestiary update adds six new enemies, 11 new affixes and two new items for players to mess around with (including the Crowbar from Half-Life). The update is free for all current DLC owners.
Of the six new enemies, three can be found in specific biomes while the other three will be discover in various environments at differing Boss Cells. As for the new affixes, eight are normal and add Ice, Fire, Bleed or Poison, Grenades, Arrows and so on to active skills. The others are starred affixes with effects like extended duration on abilities, spreading oil and fire when a trap is destroyed, etc.
But wait, there’s more. There are three new outfits (including one styled after Gordon Freeman’s Hazmat Suit colors), new lore rooms and secrets for The Bad Seed’s biomes and much more. Check out some of the patch notes below for more details. Dead Cells and its DLC The Bad Seed are out now for Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch.
- Six brand new enemies await players.Three of the enemies are biome specific and three are found throughout various levels at different Boss Cells.
- Eleven new affixes on active skills. Eight new normal affixes including ice, fire, bleed or poison, grenades arrows and more. Three new starred affixes including oil and fire spreading around when a deployable trap is destroyed, pushing enemies around you when the effect of the used active ends and extended duration on powers like Wings, Crow and Smokebomb.
- Two new items. Crowbar – a fast brutality weapon that crits after breaking a door or a breakable prop. Portable Door – allows you to bring a door with you (covering your back while you take care of the mobs in front of you and allowing for an elegant stun effect when you decide to turn around).
- The Bad Seed addition from earlier this year has received new lore rooms and secrets for the Arboretum and the Morass, as well as new mobs to re-balance the bestiary of the level.
- Three new outfits cap off the major content updates. Two are linked to the secrets and lore of The Bad Seed DLC, and one is available for everyone that can rise up to the ultimate challenge.