Destiny 2 Hotfix Simplifies Exotic Quest, Patches Telesto Blind Well Exploit
Bungie has made it a lot easier to obtain the Ace of Spades Exotic hand cannon.
Bungie released a new hotfix for Destiny 2: Forsaken recently, patching a number of issues and making some improvements to the general gameplay. The full patch notes can be seen below. Honestly, the biggest change is that the “Cayde’s Will” quest step that requires hand cannon kills on invaders in Gambit has changed.
Now players can defeat either invaders or normal enemies with hand cannons to progress the quest. Since bringing down invaders is tough (and there’s no guarantee of receiving credit for the kill), this is a welcome change for those seeking the Ace of Spades Exotic.
Other changes include Barons in Heroic Adventures granting one guaranteed Legendary each day (with subsequent kills providing Legendaries at reduced rates); shifting the Offering to the Oracle to the Pursuits tab instead of Consumables; and patching an exploit that allowed players to accelerate progress in the Blind Well by using the Exotic fusion rifle Telesto.
DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 188.8.131.52
- Fixed an issue where Barons were providing Legendary rewards outside of Heroic adventures
- Barons in Heroic adventures now reward one guaranteed Legendary per day
- Subsequent kills grant Legendary rewards at a reduced rate
- Fixed an issue where players can get stuck with the Origin Story or the Last Dance weapons if they use the character level boost after obtaining them in Homecoming
- Fixed an issue where BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle dismantled into Mod Components
- The Offering to the Oracle now sorts to the Pursuits bucket, rather than Consumables
- Removed the weekly bounty that required players to redeem an Offering for the Oracle
- The Dreaming City weekly challenge now requires only two weekly bounty completions
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would improperly spawn chests after being killed
- Players can no longer obtain Dreaming City rewards when repeating the mission “Awakening”
- Fixed an issue where Telesto could be used to accelerate progression of objectives in the Blind Well
- Players may now progress the “Cayde’s Will” quest step by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons
- Turned off rejoin functionality in Gambit