Bungie’s latest seasonal event for Destiny 2, Solstice of Heroes, is now live. It brings a new activity, the European Aerial Zone, and three new sets of armour that have to be taken from Drained to Renewed. With Armor 2.0 versions of the Solstice armour confirmed for the release of Shadowkeep, this might be worth grinding out.
Update 2.5.2 is also live, and it brings the much-needed nerf to Lord of Wolves. The amount of Special ammo one can gather with Shotgun Scavenger perks when Release the Wolves is active has been reduced. The shotgun’s overall range has also been reduced, which becomes rougher in the Release the Wolves state.
Overall, you’re looking at a couple of meters less for killing someone with a single burst than usual. It’s not too bad, and the amount of ammo acquired in Crucible still makes it viable. Other fixes with the update include issues like the Feeding Frenzy perk being applied to any weapon, and Peregrine Greaves glowing way too brightly. Check out some of the notes below – the full list of changes can be seen here.
Lord of Wolves
- Reduced the amount of ammo that Shotgun Scavenger perks can give to Lord of Wolves when it is in the Release the Wolves state
- Decreased the effective range on Lord of Wolves
- This decrease is more aggressive when the weapon is in the Release the Wolves state
Fixed an issue that allowed the Feeding Frenzy perk to be applied to any weapon
- Fixed an issue where the cloth component of the Iron Symmachy Cloak wasn’t rendering correctly
- Fixed an issue where the cloth component of the Terra Concord Mark wasn’t rendering correctly
- Fixed a bug where the Titan Exotic leg armor Peregrine Greaves glowed 130x too bright when wearers were at maximum velocity
Developer commentary: While our intention was for this Exotic to help Titans destroy opponents with 130x efficiency, we did not intend for its glow to burn out the corneas of the user.
- The Tribute Hall Triumphs “The Emperor’s Gladiator” and “The Scoundrel in Uniform” no longer require you to equip a full set of Leviathan gear to progress
- Players will now earn more points based on the number of gear pieces worn, similar to other Triumphs
- Players will no longer be able to place the Tribute Hall introductory tribute on an alternate character to gain credit for a large number of tributes placed
- Players who accessed the catalyst or emote rewards through this method will have those items relocked until they place enough unique tributes to meet the actual unlock requirements