Update 4.1.0 is now live for Bungie’s Destiny 2 with the launch of Season of the Haunted. The full patch notes have been released and they’re quite hefty. First up, the Legend and Master Lost Sector rotation has been updated with a Nessus Lost Sector expected to appear. Iron Banner has undergone reputational changes to be more in line with other activities (and now gets a new intro quest).
Speaking of Reputation changes, Gambit now awards more reputation points on completing activities while adding a new bounty for collecting Heavy Ammo and updating the old ones. Weapon Crafting has seen all currencies save for Neutral Elements (renamed to Resonant Elements) and the amount of time needed to progress Deepsight Mods has been reduced. Airborne accuracy penalty has been removed from all weapons – now there’s airborne effectiveness, which varies based on the weapon, subclass, Exotic armor and much more.
Check out some of the patch notes below and the full patch notes here. You can also check out the developer insight trailer on Solar 3.0, the revamp of the game’s base Solar subclasses, here along with the season’s launch trailer here.
Destiny 2 Update 4.1.0
- The Legend and Master Lost Sector rotation has been updated.
- Players can expect to see a Nessus Lost Sector!
Xûr’s Treasure Hoard and Dares of Eternity
- Fixed a bug that would cause a flashing effect that could potentially have a negative impact on those with photosensitive epilepsy when interacting with the portal in a specific way.
- Iron Banner reputational changes, detailed here, are in effect to be more in-line with other reputational systems in Destiny 2.
- Completing challenges and donning Iron Banner gear, including Iron Banner armor ornaments in place of swapping out armor, earns an additional buff when ranking up that Iron Banner reputation.
- 4 event challenges have been added when playing Iron Banner. These will rotate daily.
- New intro quest added. All players must complete this once.
- A new Triumph and Seal has been added to ring in a new era of Iron Banner.
- Bounties and tokens have been removed from Iron Banner.
- Power level advantages are now disabled in Iron Banner.
- Rift returns as a new Iron Banner Seasonal mode.
- Gambit Reputation: Activity completion now awards 75 reputation points from 50.
- Activity streaks award 20 reputation points per streak from 15.
- Overall gains should be 25-33% faster.
- Reduced the number of wins needed for the Gold Coins gilded Triumph for the Dredgen Seal from
- 50 to 30.
- Quality-of-life update to Gambit bounties:
- Daily Bounties:
– Added new bounty for collecting Heavy ammo.
– Updated defeating combatants with Stasis bounty to include freeze assists.
– Changed sending one of each type of Blocker bounty to sending Blockers of any size (with more – progress given for sending bigger Blockers).
– Now players must bank 100 Motes as a team, versus the previous 25 Motes banked per player.
- Repeatable Bounties:
– Added a new bounty for defeating invaders as a fireteam.
– Added a new bounty for defeating Blockers. This includes final blows and assists when progressing through this bounty.
- Updated the defeating combatants with Stasis bounty to include freeze assists.
- Changed the defeating opposing Guardians with final blows or assists bounty to defeating opposing Guardians as a fireteam.
- Updated Gambit enemy variations.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect names for Champions in the Warden of Nothing strike would appear.
- Higher difficulty Battlegrounds and strikes can now be rejoined automatically after a disconnect.
Trials of Osiris
- Trials Capture Zone and Freelance are no longer referred to as “Labs.”
- New Trials weapons can now be earned via Saint-14’s reputation rewards track before they can be decrypted from Trials Engrams.
- Complete matches of Trials of Osiris to earn reputation with Saint-14.
- Control: Each player capturing a zone now gets +1 participation point.
- Elimination: Each round will now last 90 seconds, reduced from the previous 120-second marker.
- Mayhem: Super kills now reward players with 3 points instead of 2.
- Mayhem: Increased the score target to 200 from 150.
- Mayhem: Time limit has been reduced from 8 to 7 minutes.
- Rumble: Time limit has been increased from 8 minutes to 10.
- Showdown: Each round’s target score has been increased to 15 from 10.
- Crucible private matches will now default to match mode settings in Playlists.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Only One Ascends medal to be improperly awarded on capturing a zone.
Raids and Dungeons
- Vow of the Disciple: Fixed an issue where players could get out of environment near the Caretaker encounter.
- Vault of Glass: Spoils of Conquest are no longer farmable on repeated clears.
- Last Wish: Fixed an exploit where players could pick up Diamond Lance to drop Riven’s Heart.
- Last Wish: Fixed an issue where players could fight Kalli outside of the intended darkness phase.
- Garden of Salvation: Fixed an issue where players could continuously spawn combatants in one of the sides of the Sanctified Mind encounter.
Gameplay and Investment
- Weapon Crafting: All element currencies other than Neutral Elements have been removed. Neutral Elements have been renamed to Resonant Elements.
- Weapon Crafting: The Masterwork visual has been added to crafted weapons. The weapon must be reshaped with an enhanced intrinsic and two enhanced trait perks in order to Masterwork.
- Weapon Crafting: PvP kills will generate slightly more weapon level progression.
- Weapon Crafting: Reduced the amount of time it takes to progress Deepsight mods.
- Weapon Crafting: Vow of the Disciple Adept Deepsight weapons will now progress toward recipe progress.
- This will not retroactively provide progress for already-completed Deepsight mods.
- Weapons: Glaive projectile speed has been increased.
- Exotic Weapon: No Time to Explain’s time portal no longer shoots dead bodies when it’s bored.
- The Alacrity origin trait now activates when it is supposed to, no longer impacting players that are in a fireteam.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to break out of playable spaces with glaive and Mask of Bakris equipped.
- Reduced the tier-1 damage bonus from 20% to 15% when going up against other players.
- This is specifically to reduce the number of one-hit kills in PvP (e.g., Le Monarque or a High-Impact Sniper with High-Impact Reserves + High-Energy Fire or an Empowering Rift)
- The Stability weapon stat now grants flinch resistance in addition to its other effects, with a maximum flinch resistance of 10% to 25% depending on the weapon archetype.
- All Primary weapons have their airborne accuracy penalty removed (i.e., they’re just as accurate airborne as grounded—your bullets go where you’re aiming).
- We’ve added a new weapon stat called airborne effectiveness, which has been deliberately tuned on all Exotic weapons, everything that shipped in Season 16, and everything from Season 17 onwards.
- Some outliers also have a hand-tuned stat, like the rest of the Trials of Osiris and Nightfall weapons.
- All other weapons have a default value, set per weapon archetype.
- Precision angle threshold – 0 at 0 stat, high at 100 stat.
- This controls how easy it is to get headshots while airborne. If this is 0, you must pinpoint aim exactly at the head to get the headshot, otherwise you’ll get a body shot even if your aim assist cone overlaps with the head.
- What this means overall is that players will get fewer misses due to randomness from the accuracy cone while airborne, but reliance on aiming is much higher at low stat. In order to make this easier, players will need to build into airborne.