Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost has returned with a new event pass, Legendary sniper rifle, and Mech-themed armor ornaments. For those less concerned about the latest microtransaction-laden seasonal event, update 6.2.5 is live. Along with numerous fixes – like for Gyrfalcon’s Hauberk – it also brings a mid-season balance pass to the game.
For Auto Rifles, the stability stat now increases the effect of recoil reduction by about 20 percent at the high end. Precision Auto Rifles have received a critical damage multiplier increase from 1.5 to 1.55, which increases the critical damage dealt from 30 to 31. The stow duration for Bows has also been increased, with the duration varying based on the bow type and handling stat.
Pulse Rifles have seen a rebalance in the effect of handling. The effects are five percent more at the high end, which applies mostly to Lightweight and Adaptives. It’s reduced by two percent at the low end, which mostly affects High-Impact and Rapid-Fire frames. The damage falloff scale has also been adjusted based on range. It remains unchanged at 100 range but, at zero, goes from 16 to 15 meters.
Check out some of the changes below with full update notes here.
Destiny 2 Update 6.2.5
- Fixed an issue where Crucible and Iron Banner Seasonal kills and deaths were only being updated at match complete, rather than continually during the match.
- Fixed an issue where Guardian eliminations did not progress the Seasonal Greetings Triumph. Fixed an issue in Rumble where some incorrect voiceover lines were playing.
- Shaxx apologies profusely.
Iron Banner: Eruption
- Fixed an issue where Crucible medals were awarded rather than Iron Banner ones.
- Fixed issue where shutdown bonus points were awarded multiple times if more than one player contributed to the shutdown.
- It will now only award points to the team once.
- Fixed an issue where the game type icon did not display on the activity intro screen.
- Ruffians will no longer despawn when drill phases end. Additionally, their spawn rate has increased by 7%.
Dares of Eternity
- Treasure Coordinates will now drop after activity completion.
Raids and Dungeons
- Added mitigations for issues where players could inadvertently die after ringing the Bell of Conquest in the Duality dungeon.
- Fixed an issue in Duality dungeon where rapidly interacting with Calus statues could block progression.
- Fixed an issue in King’s Fall where players received confirmation on completion of the Deepsight puzzle but didn’t have the chest spawn.
- Fixed an issue in King’s Fall where players would join in progress at the wrong location before starting the Golgoroth encounter.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where Gyrfalcon’s Hauberk Overshield allowed players to gain infinite Juggernaut melees, Loreley Splendor Helm Sunspots, and Promethium Spur Rifts.
- Fixed an issue where Ionic Traces Generated from Fallen Star granted Glaive shield energy.
- Fixed an issue where Dawn Chorus was not showing in players Collections.
- Second Chance Anti-barrier shield throw will now fully deplete a Barrier Champions barrier at the Grandmaster level.
- Version of Horrors Least no longer in the game has been removed as a requirement for the Dreaming City badge for all three classes.
- Blood Feud Submachine Gun will no longer appear tiny on the inspection screen.
- Fixed Wish-Ender’s Queens Wrath perk not working in Crucible.
- Fixed Iron Banner Sidearm and Rocket Launcher from the rewards track not having Masterwork slots.
- Fixed King’s Falls Sundered Flesh shader that was applying inconsistently.
- Fixed the glow on the Peacebringer weapon ornament.
- Increased the effects of the stability stat on recoil reduction by around 20% at the high end.
- Increased critical damage multiplier from 1.5 to 1.55 which raises the critical damage from 30 to 31.
Increased Bows stow duration. Duration varies by subfamily and handling stat.
Before with 0 to 100 handling.
- Lightweight: 0.4 to 0.2s.
- Precision: 0.433 to 0.2s.
After with 0 to 100 handling:
- Lightweight: 0.45 to 0.3s.
- Precision: 0.48 to 0.33s.
Rebalanced the effect of the handling across Pulse Rifles.
- Increased effects of handling by 5% at the high end (mostly affects Lightweights and Adaptives).
- Reduced effects of handling by 2% at the low end (mostly affects High-Impacts and Rapid-Fires).
Adjusted damage falloff scale based on the range stat.
- 0 range: reduced from 16 to 15m.
- 100 range: unchanged.
- Increased the precision multiplier from 1.6x to 1.65x (crit damage goes from 30.4 to 31.4).
- Piece of Mind base zoom reduced from 19 to 18.
- Reduced body damage from 42 to 40, and crit damage from 73.5 to 70.
- Increased auto aim fall-off distance by 30% across the board.
- Previously Sidearms were the only primary weapon where auto aim fell off significantly before damage, this brings them up to parity with other primary weapons.
- Reduced damage fall-off end (the distance at which the damage dealt by the weapon in hip-fire reaches its lowest point, going ADS extends this distance) from 24m to 23m across the board.
- This means damage fall off will begin at the same point, but damage will decrease a bit faster.
- Increased critical damage from 22.4 to 23.8 and base damage from 16 to 17.
- Reduced the zoom of Shayura’s Wrath, Shayura’s Wrath (Adept), and Friction Fire from 16 to 15.
- Reduced critical damage from 18.2 to 17.9 and base damage from 11 to 10.85.
- Reduced the effect the intrinsic Precision Frame perk has on recoil direction by 50% for Fusion Rifles only.
- Reduced Glaive shield damage resistance vs players from 75% to 50%.
- Damage from player supers unchanged at 50%.
- Damage from non-players unchanged at 97.5%.
- Increased the settle time after receiving flinch by 60%.
- Reduced received flinch in PvE.
- Increased effect of the stability on recoil reduction at the low end of the stat by around 10%, at the high end of the stat by around 25%.
- Increased blast radius by 0.4m across the board.