Final Fantasy 16
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Monster Hunter Rise tops the charts once more.
Famitsu has released its latest weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by votes from their readers, and the top 10 looks like what you’d expect, if you’ve been following these charts in recent weeks. The upcoming Switch-exclusive Monster Hunter Rise is in the top spot once again, as it has been for some time now, with a pretty healthy lead over the game placed second, Tales of Arise.
Meanwhile, Final Fantasy 16 is not far behind in third place, though the gap in votes after that becomes pretty significant. Resident Evil Village, slotting in at No. 4, trails by nearly 250 votes. Then there’s the untitled sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which comes in at fifth place. The similarly elusive Bayonetta 3 is in sixth place.
Meanwhile, fellow Switch exclusives Bravely Default 2, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Run Factory 5, all due out this year, occupy the next three positions. Level 5’s upcoming long-in-development RPG Ushiro at No. 10 rounds out the charts.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between December 10 and December 16.
1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 837 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 723 votes
3. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 708 votes
4. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 461 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 447 votes
6. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 373 votes
7. [NSW] Bravely Default 2 – 347 votes
8. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 331 votes
9. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 316 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 313 votes