Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Platforms: PS4, 3DS, PC, Nintendo Switch
A sizeable lead over the second-placed game.
Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming video game releases – as voted by their readers – are out, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake occupies the pole position yet again. In other news, water is wet. The upcoming Square Enix RPG has a sizeable lead over the second-placed game, which is Project Sakura Wars with over 700 votes.
In third place sits another Square Enix RPG, the imminently releasing Switch expanded re-release of Dragon Quest 11. Fellow Switch RPGs Pokemon Sword and Shield, meanwhile, occupy fourth place. Persona 5 Royal – another upcoming expanded re-release of a beloved RPG, which is out in Japan in October – is in at fifth place.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne follows behind in sixth position, while next year’s Animal Crossing: New Horizons follows behind. Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are Death Stranding, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening’s upcoming Switch remake, and Bayonetta 3.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between July 18 and July 24.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 1,113 votes
2. [PS4] Project Sakura Wars – 766 votes
3. [NSW] Dragon Quest 11 S – 712 votes
4. [NSW] Pokemon Sword and Shield – 676 votes
5. [PS4] Persona 5 Royal – 617 votes
6. [PS4] Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – 551 votes
7. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 485 votes
8. [PS4] Death Stranding – 325 votes
9. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 297 votes
10. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 284 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!