With the launch of Season 2: Lone Wolves in Halo Infinite, 343 Industries caught a fair amount of flak for its removal of “skill jumps” in multiplayer. That’s not including the backlash for removing the “tank gun” from the campaign (despite giving advance notice for the same). With the most recent update, both of these “features” have been restored so rejoice.
Other noteworthy changes include a fix for weapons “jamming” and stability improvements for PC players. Also, in accordance with community feedback, Last Spartan Standing Equipment Pods will now have all equipment. An issue that prevented zone capturing in King of the Hill has also been fixed and the Rakshasa armor core’s leg piece on Body Types 1 and 2 should now appear as intended.
Check out the full update notes below. 343 Industries is also looking into reducing the difficulty of some Event Challenges while providing two levels on the Event Pass for their completion. Stay tuned for more details on that in the meantime.
Halo Infinite Update – May 13
After hammering on this since seeing the first community reports, we’ve been able to identify the root cause of the issue and we’ll be reverting the recent change to help get this into players’ hands quicker. We have integrated this into our upcoming update and are eager to get this released as quickly as possible.
With overwhelmingly strong feedback from our players, it was clear we made a mistake in removing a number of skill jumps from the game. As a result, we have brought back the following popular jumps:
- Live Fire: Key door & house panel
- Bazaar: Double doors (both sides)
- Aquarius: P side edges (with adjustment)
- Streets: Pizza
- Making its return to campaign with this upcoming update, the tank gun has found its way home above Outpost Tremonius. In regards to some of the other common strategies, many of them are far more complicated as they are closely intertwined with the work we’ve been doing in preparation for co-op, but we’ll continue to explore our options.
- PC stability improvements
- Based on community feedback, Equipment Pods in Last Spartan Standing will now feature all equipment, rather than just Power Equipment
- The Rakshasa armor core’s leg when using Body Types 1 & 2 will look as intended
- In Campaign, collected Spartan Cores will accumulate correctly and a player’s balance should now always be accurate. Some players with campaign saves from pre-S2 ended up with their Spartan
- Core balance and Equipment upgrade track in a bad state, this should now be resolved.
- Address a rare issue preventing players from capturing zones in King of the Hill
- On Bazaar, the Overshield will now spawn at the start of a match
- Pelican vehicle drops will match their pre-S2 frequency and type
- Wasp respawn timers on Highpower will also be brought in line with their S1 timers
- In BTB, Fireteam color markers should be applied to your matchmaking Fireteam again
- Disabling Speed Lines should function as intended