Helldivers 2 has gotten a new update on PC, hoping to fix many of the crashes that players have been facing, as well as bringing improvements to the game’s online matchmaking. The update, out now on PC, will be coming to the PS5 version of Helldivers 2 at a later date.
In a statement released alongside the patch, the studio acknowledges that the update is just a first step at solving issues, especially when it comes to matchmaking. A complete solution to fix matchmaking issues in Helldivers 2 will likely take more time.
“In this new build, we’ve managed to improve the matchmaking success rate further, but unfortunately, it’s not all the way there yet.” said the studio in its statement. “The full solution might take additional days of work before it’s fully functional.”
The studio also states that matchmaking seems to have a higher rate of success if players try to join an active game by searching on planets, rather than making use of the in-game Quickplay option.
Arrowhead Game Studios had announced that it has been hard at work on fixing issues that players have been facing when it came to the game’s general stability, as well as the matchmaking not working properly, earlier this week. The studio also recently revealed its reasons for using GameGuard as its anti-cheat of choice.
Helldivers 2 was released on PC and PS5 this week. Check out the full patch notes below.
- The following issues have been fixed for this version.
- Resolved crashes when pressing ESC to open the menu, or O to open the social tab.
- Game no longer crashes after matchmaking.
- General improvements to matchmaking.
- Resolved crashes after interacting with the Armory before their first dive.
- Solved crash-to-desktop when equipping the MP-98 Knight.
- These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
- Players may still experience some instability while matchmaking.