Famitsu has released the latest weekly charts for software and hardware sales in Japan, and it’s been quite an eventful week. In the software charts, seven out of the top 10 entries are new releases, with Mario Golf: Super Rush debuting in first place, selling over 80,000 units. Cumulatively, Samurai Warriors 5 is technically the highest selling game of the week, selling over 94,000 copies in total, with with its PS4 (55,675 copies sold) and Switch (38,691 copies sold) versions listed separately, it debuts in the second and third spots.
Scarlet Nexus is another new release debuting in the top 10, and like Samurai Warriors 5, occupies two spots in the charts. The PS4 version has sold over 20,000 copies and comes in at No. 5, while the PS5 version is at No. 9 with a little over 11,000 units sold. The total sales are lower than what you’d expect from a new anime action RPG releasing in Japan. Meanwhile, The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails is in at No. 8 with over 11,000 units sold, while The Caligula Effect 2 debuts in tenth place with over 10,000 units sold.
On the hardware front, the Switch is, once again, the highest selling console, having moved over 72,000 units across the week. The PS5 trails by quite a large margin, having sold over 23,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending June 27 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Mario Golf: Super Rush – 80,430 (New)
- [PS4] Samurai Warriors 5 – 55,675 (New)
- [NSW] Samurai Warriors 5 – 38,691 (New)
- [NSW] Game Builder Garage – 23,280 (126,008)
- [PS4] Scarlet Nexus – 20,160 (New)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 13,756 (2,654,669)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 11,888 (2,019,432)
- [PS4] The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails – 11,230 (New)
- [PS5] Scarlet Nexus – 11,008 (New)
- [NSW] The Caligula Effect 2 – 10,243 (New)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
Nintendo Switch – 72,951 (75,077)
PS5 – 23,438 (15,346)
Xbox Series X/S – 4,113 (3,684)
PS4 – 2,548 (667)
3DS – 519 (481)