Resident Evil Village
Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, PC
Monster Hunter Rise is still on top though.
Monster Hunter Rise was on top of the Famitsu charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming video games (as voted by its readers) last week, where it has been for a while now, and it has topped those charts once again. In fact, the top 5 is entirely unchanged.
Tales of Arise has been getting a lot of votes in these weekly charts, and it is, once again in second place. Final Fantasy 16 takes the third spot, and Capcom’s upcoming survival horror megaton Resident Evil Village comes in at No. 4. Meanwhile, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s upcoming sequel is still in fifth place.
The rest of the top 10 is also dominated by fellow Switch exclusives. Bravely Default 2, due out in just a little over a month, takes sixth place, and its followed by Rune Factory 5 and Shin Megami Tensei 5, also scheduled to launch this year.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between December 22 and January 6.
1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 1,325 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 1,142 votes
3. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 1,105 votes
4. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 756 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 718 votes
6. [NSW] Bravely Default 2 – 700 votes
7. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 659 votes
8. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 591 votes
9. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 546 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 378 votes