Famitsu has revealed its latest weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as voted by its readers, and the upcoming Switch exclusive Monster Hunter Rise is on top, as it has been for a while. It has a solid lead over the game placed second, Bandai Namco’s Tales of Arise, which has also been around the top of the charts for a long time now.
Meanwhile, Final Fantasy 16 is unsurprisingly quite highly anticipated as well, taking the third spot in the charts, while Capcom’s upcoming survival horror behemoth, Resident Evil Village, follows close behind in fourth place. The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild follows not far behind in fifth place.
Then there’s Bravely Default 2, which is out exclusively for the Switch in a little over a month, and nabs the sixth spot in the charts. Fellow Switch exclusive, the ever-elusive Bayonetta 3, is behind it in seventh place. Atlus’ Shin Megami Tensei 5, due out for the Switch (also exclusively) this year, is placed No. 9.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between December 17 and December 21.
1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 509 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 470 votes
3. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 431 votes
4. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 403 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 336 votes
6. [NSW] Bravely Default 2 – 302 votes
7. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 294 votes
8. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 286 votes
9. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 257 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 228 votes