Even after releasing its side-scrolling action-adventure title Trek to Yomi, developer Flying Wild Hog continues to support Shadow Warrior 3. Patch 1.04 is live for the first-person shooter and adds a new difficulty called Hero Mode. This is essentially an even tougher mode with limited lives that must be earned by dishing out Finishers.
If your lives run out, then that’s the end of the playthrough with all progress subsequently wiped. Successfully completing a Hero Mode run will earn a new skin for The Outlaw called “Scorch.” Other noteworthy features of the patch include the “Frostbite” skin for the Basilisk and a new Chapter Select option for revisiting previously completed missions.
This is in addition to bug fixes, performance optimizations, an option for adjusting subtitle size and much more. Check out the full patch notes below for more details. Shadow Warrior 3 is currently available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC – you can read our official review here.
Patch Version 1.04
Full Patch Notes:
- New “Hero Mode” – game modifier for a greater challenge.
- Added “Chapter Select” screen
- Free “Frostbite” weapon skin for the Basilisk.
- Added the option to change the size of the subtitles.
- Fix for sounds becoming distorted when dying during the Grapple Hook tutorial.
- Fix for a bug where inputs could become blocked when climbing a ledge while charging the Katana at the same time
- Fix for a bug where inputs could become blocked when performing a Finisher while charging the Katana at the same time.
- Fix for when the player would fall infinitely when shooting the bell while standing on the platform below it in the “Walking on Eggshells” mission.
- Fix for a bug where additional ammo was not granted despite having the ammo upgrade unlocked.
- Community Feedback: Improved magnetism for faster resource orb collection, preventing the player from outrunning it.
- Fix for the Swarm Launcher projectiles still being present when a player dies and respawns.
- Fix for a rare bug where the player could be propelled into the air while wall-running.
- Fix for a bug where changing settings in the Audio menu becomes blocked after the “restore to default” option has been used.
- Improved collision in various places.
- Fix for a bug where it was possible to return to gameplay after the Reload, Restart or Exit
Level option had been selected.
- Toned down the screen’s blood vignette.
- Various art tweaks and fixes.
- Fix for a bug where the first encounter on “That Damn Dam” would not start after the mission was reloaded.
- Fix (from community feedback) for a situation where the Player could slide sideways.
- Fix for a bug where enemies were standing still for some time after being unfrozen.
- Fix for the “Last Stand” icon staying on screen for too long after activation.
- Updated – “Last Stand” HUD icon now has graphics to properly show its state.
- Fix for Finisher orbs respawning when they shouldn’t.
- Fix (from community feedback) for a weapon mesh being not displayed properly on the ultra-wide monitors].
- Fix for a bug where the Player could be launched into the air by the elevator in the “Doomsday Device” mission.
- Fix for a misplaced kill trigger on the raft after the last “Egg Express” arena potentially killing the player.
- Suicider Shogai no longer explode if they have been frozen.
- Fix for a bug where too many Gassy Obariyons could appear in the first arena on “The Fast and the Furry” mission.
- Various performance optimizations.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)