Bethesda Game Studios’ Starfield has received a new update. It’s small but focuses on fixing major performance issues, bugs and more. These include characters not appearing in their proper locations (which may address your crew members materializing on the outside of your ship).
Other bugs include a vendor’s inventory being accessible via illegitimate means (read: a puddle outside their store) and Star Stations labeled as player-owned ships. Both should now be fixed, in addition to upscaling issues that caused textures to become blurry or lens flares from stars to not appear on AMD GPUs.
Other stability and performance improvements have been made, such as an issue where using the Hand Scanner could result in hitching. Furthermore, items should no longer disappear when placed on mannequins in your ship or weapon racks. Check out the full update notes below.
Bethesda is working on a larger update to add new features and other improvements, so stay tuned for more details.
Starfield 1.7.33 Update – Fixes and Improvements
- Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
- Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
- Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
- AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
Performance and Stability
- Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
- Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.