Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero was released on PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch last month in the West. It’s pretty good, thanks in no small part to PH3 Games, which also handled porting work on Ys 9: Monstrum Nox. In a new Steam post, CTO Peter “Durante” Thoman outlined patch v1.3.7, which recently went live.
It adds new settings, including an option to disable message beeps and rich presence. You can also play voice lines in the message log even after the “Other Voices” option is off. Various fixes for bugs, localization, and the map, have also been deployed. For Steam players, an experimental “fast text speed” has been added, though it’s not for general use.
PH3 Games is currently investigating issues of crashes on older integrated Intel CPUs. Updating one’s drivers is advised since that solves the issue in many cases. Stay tuned for more updates in the coming months.
In the meantime, The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure is out in 2023 for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Check out its latest trailer here.
Trails from Zero v1.3.7 Patch Notes
Changes and Improvements
- Added a new audio setting to disable message beeps
- Added a new setting to disable rich presence
- Play voice lines in the message log when selected even if the “Other Voices” option is set to OFF
- Fixed a potential crash when returning to the title menu
- Fixed an issue where movie sound effects were still played after skipping a movie
- Draw the BGM Info overlay in some additional situations where it was hidden before
- Various localization and map fixes
We’ve also added an experimental “fast text speed” option: to use it, set “fastTextSpeed” to “true” in the [Game] category in “%localappdata%\Falcom\Zero\settings.toml”. This is not intended for general use.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)