Last week, Ghost of Tsushima debuted on top of Japanese charts, selling better than even Sony expected, with launch sales that exceeded those of all other first party PS4 games released till date. This week, Sucker Punch’s open world samurai game has continued to sell well, moving over 53,000 copies across the week, but has dropped down to second place. Retaking the top spot is Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which, ridiculously enough, is still selling bonkers, with over 94,000 units sold last week.
Meanwhile, Paper Mario: The Origami King, which also enjoyed an impressive debut last week in second place, has dropped down to #3, but still maintains healthy sales, with over 50,000 units sold across the week. There’s only one new release in the top 10 this week, that being the Switch exclusive multiplayer action title Ninjala, which takes the ninth spot with over 11,000 copies sold.
On the hardware front, the Switch continues to impressive, seeing increased sales over last week’s total (which was already quite high), for a total of over 125,000 units sold over the week.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending July 26 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales)
01. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 94.115 / 5.280.398
02. [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima – 53.387 / 266.302
03. [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King – 50.643 / 159.735
04. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 32.136 / 1.205.379
05. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 25.136 / 261.027
06. [NSW] eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2020 – 21.094 / 145.689
07. [PS4] eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2020 – 16.253 / 134.751
08. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.175 / 3.051.164
09. [NSW] Ninjala – 11.693 / NEW
10. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield – 9.845 / 3.672.649
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch- 125,231 (113,197)
PS4- 1,434 (4,523)
Xbox One- 41 (31)
3DS- 1,042 (903)
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)