Larian Studios has released a new hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3, fixing several progression blockers and issues causing crashes. Those who found the romance scene with Gale seemingly occurring in the void should see it fixed.
Other notable fixes include soaps from save games before Patch 4 working. The game should no longer freeze after reactions to multi-projectile spells or crash after an attack reaction to a dead creature. A blocker that could occur when attempting a Long Rest is also gone. A flashback causing the Dark Urge to teleport to the Lower City has also been fixed.
Check out the full hotfix notes below. Larian is aware of Astarion’s kissing animations having issues, and a fix is in the works, so stay tuned for the next update.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available for PC and PS5, with an Xbox Series X/S launch confirmed for December. A release date announcement is coming at The Game Awards, where the RPG is nominated in eight categories. Larian also announced a physical Deluxe Edition – head here for more details.
- You can now use soaps encountered in savegames before Patch 4.
- Fixed the game sometimes freezing indefinitely after a reaction to a spell that hits you with multiple projectiles.
- Fixed a crash after using a reaction that causes an attack against a dead creature.
- Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in certain dialogues unable to continue.
- Fixed a blocker that could occur when trying to Long Rest.
- Dominated followers will now follow the party as expected after loading a savegame.
- Fixed Gale’s romance scene playing in what looks like a black void.
- Fixed a Dark Urge flashback accidentally teleporting you to the Lower City.
- The Cursed Skulls in Jannath’s Estate are now vulnerable to Force and Radiant damage.
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain characters from executing their behaviours.
- Fixed citizens and refugees in Baldur’s Gate sometimes jittering about the place or not using their proper animations.
- Fixed some visual artefacts appearing at camp in relation to Dark Urge and Karlach dialogues. This also solved the bloodstain under (spoiler) suddenly becoming larger after loading a savegame.
- Wyll and Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where a companion’s camp night dialogue could be replaced by a different dialogue that couldn’t trigger during a previous night.