Last week was a big one in terms of new video game releases, and in the latest weekly software and hardware sales charts for the region provided by Famitsu, both those games have posted solid numbers. Triangle Strategy takes the top spot, selling over 86,000 units- slightly lower than what Bravely Default 2 accomplished in Japan at launch last year (over 93,000 units), and markedly lower than Octopath Traveler’s 2018 debut (over 110,000 units).
Meanwhile, Gran Turismo 7 occupies the next two places, and collectively, its PS4 and PS5 sales make it the best-selling game of the week, with a total of nearly 138,000 units sold across both platforms- though those physical numbers are lower than what Gran Turismo Sport sold at launch in Japan in 2017 (roughly 150,000 units). Meanwhile, Elden Ring, which topped proceedings last week, has been pushed down to No. 4 (PS4 version with over 55,000 units sold) and No. 5 (PS5 version with over 14,000 units sold).
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch has seen quite the bump, having sold nearly 97,000 units last week, while the PS5 moved over 25,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending March 6 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Triangle Strategy – 86,298 (New)
- [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 – 73,399 (New)
- [PS4] Gran Turismo 7 – 64,565 (New)
- [PS4] Elden Ring – 55,310 (243,800)
- [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 50,481 (2,120,030)
- [PS5] Elden Ring – 14,746 (104,763)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 14,339 (4,470,426)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 11,399 (4,794,715)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 9,957 (895,966)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 9,474 (2,542,200)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 96,952 (70,232)
- PS5 – 25,679 (17,032)
- Xbox Series X/S – 1,321 (4,825)
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)