So, Grand Theft Auto 6 pre-orders didn’t go live earlier this week as those Best Buy Affiliate emails would have suggested. Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick said that he didn’t know where those rumors came from and that marketing is still on track to begin this Summer. But you might want to sit down before expecting it to show up at any of the big showcases in June.
Speaking to Variety, which also pointed out that Summer technically begins around the end of June (June 21st, if we’re going by astronomical terms), Zelnick simply said, “So the next few weeks I don’t think it’ll be summertime yet, but when it’s summertime, Rockstar expects to start marketing ‘GTA 6.’”
Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t drop a new trailer at State of Play or Summer Game Fest to tease a full reveal at the end of June, which is when marketing and likely pre-orders begin. But that’s never really been Rockstar’s MO. Cut to the past two trailer drops, which were out of nowhere and still went on to become the most highly viewed trailers of all time.
Regardless, Zelnick reiterated that the game is indeed launching this November. “I think reiterating November 19 as is a launch day today is probably a positive. I think we’ve been really clear that we’re releasing the title on November 19.” Plans could always change – game development is a fickle beast after all – but he seems pretty sure this time.
We’ll still have to wait and see, with Grand Theft Auto 6 coming to Xbox Series X/S and PS5 first before PC. It may even skip the usual review cycle and instead host a private event for reviewers instead of sending out review codes to prevent potential leaks.















