Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix Business Division 1
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate performs strongly as well.
The latest weekly Famitsu charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by votes from their readers, are in. Last week (and the week before that, and the week before that, and on and on it goes), Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 took the top two positions, and it’s the same story again this time. What’s changed, though, is that Resident Evil 2 has seen a massive surge, jumping straight up to number 5 in the rankings.
Something else that hasn’t changed, though, is the positions of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Persona Q2, both of which retain their strong holds on the third and fourth positions respectively. Meanwhile, Warriors Orochi 4 follows close behind in sixth place, with Ace Combat 7, which recently got a confirmed release date, coming in at number seven.
God Eater 3 is in at number nine, while Capcom’s upcoming big-hitter Devil May Cry 5 breaks into the top 10 for the first time as well. You can check out the full top 8 below. All votes were cast between August 30 and September 5.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 742 votes
2. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 639 votes
3. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 533 votes
4. [3DS] Persona Q2 – 477 votes
5. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 – 454 votes
6. [PS4] Warriors Orochi 4 – 379 votes
7. [PS4] Ace Combat 7 – 270 votes
8. [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories – 258 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!