Housemarque has released a new patch for third-person shooter/rogue-like Returnal. It’s focused primarily on Tower of Sisyphus, the endless survival mode added with the “Ascension” update. The developer notes that this will “balance the difficulty” in the Tower. Leaderboards will be reset as a result but specific balance changes weren’t outlined.
Various bug fixes have been detailed though. Audio Log 94 has been added to an additional location in the tower while a rare bug that would cause the new boss Algos to either die too early or refuse to die at all has been fixed. Leaderboard scrolling speed has also been increased while issues with co-op like the client or host encountering a black screen when shifting between biomes has been fixed.
Check out the full patch notes below for more details. Returnal is currently available for PS5 – check out our official review here for more details. If you haven’t checked out the game, it will be available with PlayStation Plus Extra ($14.99 per month) and Premium ($17.99) when they launch on June 13th in the United States and June 22nd for Europe.
Returnal Patch 3.03
- Returnal update 3.03 will balance the difficulty in the Tower of Sisyphus. As a result of the update, the leaderboards will be reset.
- Tower of Sisyphus: Added Audio Log 94 to additional location in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Fixed a rare issue where Algos might refuse to die, or die too early in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Increased leaderboard scrolling speed
- Co-Op: Fixed several issues where a client or host might encounter a black screen or hang when moving between biomes during co-op play
- Co-Op: Fixed multiple minor gameplay bugs
- Co-Op: Fixed two rare crashes in co-op mode
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)