The big Hearth and Home update for Valheim went live last week, bringing sweeping changes to food, certain weapons and shields, and much more on top of adding some new items. Unfortunately, not all of its changes went down well. Certain food items were re-balanced in order to separately emphasize Stamina and Health, which allowed players to specialize in certain roles.
So tanks would be more concerned with Health-based foods since blocking power now scales with max HP while DPS characters would care more about Stamina-based foods to keep attacking. The problem is that it limited options for solo players. Specializing in more health for melee combat, for instance, meant less Stamina for basic tasks like exploration.
As a result, a new patch is available which further re-balances Health and Stamina on most foods, adding more Stamina and Health as required. It also slightly lowers the HP of Fulings and Fuling Shamans along with making it easier to stagger the former. Stamina usage with the bow has also been decreased. For more details, check out the hotfix notes below and stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.
- Rebalanced hp/stamina on most foods ( more stamina on hp foods and more hp on stamina foods etc )
- Fixed tar-pit not spawning on dedicated-server worlds
- Slightly lower hp on Fulings & Fuling shamans
- Slightly easier to stagger Fulings
- Fixed issue with pressing I in server list while trying to filter servers
- Lower bow stamina use
- Cage wall 1×1 physics fix ( Already placed pieces will probably need to be repositioned )
- Boars now also eat blueberries, raspberries & mushrooms
- Chinese translation fix