id Softworks’ DOOM Eternal released in March 2020 but continues to receive updates and support. The most recent patch added support for 4K, 120 FPS and ray tracing on Xbox Series X/S and PS5. Its newest update is smaller but focuses on bug fixes and other issues. For instance, if you’ve noticed your bullets colliding with gore or ammo in combat, that should be fixed.
Xbox Series X/S players should see the correct controller image on the Controls menu while PlayStation players can now rejoin private matches after disconnecting. PC players facing crashes when selecting the Challenges tab in the Pause menu should no longer face the issue. Also, those with PCs that used mobile GPUs can now use ray tracing.
A host of fixes for BattleMode have also gone live for issues like the Slayer’s weapon skins having the wrong customization options, Demon players becoming invisible and so on. Check out the full release notes here. As for what’s next, id Software confirmed that Invasion Mode has been cancelled but that a Horde Mode will be released in its place. More details should be revealed at QuakeCon in August so stay tuned.
DOOM Eternal Update 6.1 Release Notes Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4/5, PC
Campaign All Platforms
- Fixed a bug where bullets would collide with gore and ammo pickups during combat
- Fixed a bug with Cacodemon pathing during the boss encounter in The Holt in The Ancient Gods – Part One
Campaign Xbox Series X|S Only
- The controls menu now displays the correct controller image for Xbox Series X|S
Campaign PlayStation Only
- Fixed an issue where PlayStation users were prevented from rejoining private matches after being disconnected
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting the Challenges tab in the pause menu
- Fixed the issue players with AMD GPUs were having that caused artifacting in a number of environments
- PCs with mobile GPUs that support ray tracing can now enable this feature
BattleMode All Platforms
- Fixed an issue where the Slayer’s weapon skins displayed the wrong customization options
- Fixed an issue where Demon players would become invisible to other demons when respawning with ray tracing enabled
- Fixed Demon interface for Latin Spanish users with modified controller settings
- Fixed an issue with the social menu preventing players from selecting another player with only one favorite or friend in the list