Genshin Impact’s newest big update is now live on all platforms, adding two new islands to the Inazuma region and new domains. New characters have also been added with the Raiden Shogun, Sangonomiya Kokomi and Kujou Sara but all PS4/PS5 players can receive Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn for free. For a closer look at what the Raiden Shogun is capable of, check out the latest Collected Miscellany video below.
A new Trounce Domain “Narukami Island: Tenshukaku” has been added where it seems the player will duel with the Raiden Shogun one more time. There’s also “Palace in a Pool” on Watatsumi Island. Among other new content added is fishing with numerous new fish species, treasures and rewards to discover. Of course, you’ll also face off against Signora who can switch between Cryo and Pyro Visions.
Genshin Impact is currently available for PS4, PS5, iOS, Android and PC. For more details on update 2.1, check out the full patch notes here. Stay tuned for more details on future updates in the meantime.
New Inazuma Islands — Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island
- New Islands: After the Version 2.1 update, two new islands, Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island in the Inazuma region will be available.
- Reach Adventure Rank 30 or above, and complete the Archon Quest: “Chapter II: Act I – The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia.”
New Trounce Domain – Narukami Island: Tenshukaku
- This is the dwelling of the Raiden Shogun, who rules over Inazuma. It is also the perfect place for a “duel before the throne.”
- Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 35 or above and complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
- Located at Narukami Island.
Domain: Palace in a Pool
- They say that long ago, seawater had yet to fill this pool. The moonlight was brighter back then, and it filled the pool instead, flowing freely like quicksilver.
- Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 38 or above and fulfill certain criteria.
- Challenge the Domain to obtain rewards such as Primogems and Electro Sigils.
- Located at Watatsumi Island.
New System – Fishing
- Recently, the Teyvat ecology has seen an increase in fish population, with many new fish species appearing in various waters. The grassroots Fishing Association has its hands full and had to put up a commission for help at the Adventurers’ Guild…
- Bring your fishing rod, choose the bait, find the spot, cast your rod, reel it in, and voila, a big catch!
- The fish caught can not only be used to make dishes, but also can be exchanged for precious treasures at the Fishing Association. There’s even a chance to catch vibrant ornamental fish to admire at your home!
- Unlock the Serenitea Pot System.
- Complete the quest “Exploding Population.”
*To make it easier for Travelers to record the locations of Fishing Points, a pin for indicating Fishing Points has been added to the map. Travelers can place the pins as needed.