Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Resident Evil 3 follow in second and third places.
Famitsu has released its charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming video game releases, and like last week (and many, many weeks before that), Final Fantasy 7 Remake is on top of the charts. The RPG got nearly twice as many votes as the game placed second, which is Nintendo Switch exclusive Animal Crossing: New Horizons (which has also been hanging on to the second spot for a while now).
Meanwhile, there’s a change in third place, with Resident Evil 3 climbing up from last week, swapping places with Tales of Arise, which drops down to No. 4. Nioh 2 and Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers remain unmoved at No. 5 and No. 6, as do Bayonetta 3 and the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No. 7 and No. 8. Meanwhile, Rune Factory 5 at No. 9 is a new entry in the charts, while Cyberpunk 2077 re-enters the top 10 at the charts’ tail end.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between January 30 and February 5.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 1,431 votes
2. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 825 votes
3. [PS4] Resident Evil 3 – 590 votes
4. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 549 votes
5. [PS4] Nioh 2 – 514 votes
6. [PS4] Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikes – 432 votes
7. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 389 votes
8. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 382 votes
9. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 321 votes
10. [PS4] Cyberpunk 2077 – 310 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]